10 out of 10 is a 10-month capacity building and mentoring program which aims to enhance performance, productivity and results for 10 local community organisations. Ten organisations are each partnered with a local mentor, who is a respected specialist. These groups work on their own community resilience solutions across sectors and a variety of local challenges.
Find out more about the latest 10/10 Mentoring Program being held in Bendigo.
Scroll further to read more about the program and how it may benefit you and your community.
- A formal application process for mentors/mentees to be matched
- Matching mentor skills to the gaps/challenges the organisation wants to address
- Guidelines/materials to support the mentor/mentee relationships
- Minimum of four mentor-guided sessions with organisation lead or team
- Regular mentor debrief/support will be available/provided
- One full day Expand Your Impact workshop for organisations, their teams and optionally mentors to attend (for up to 60 people)
- Four online resource packages to build upon content covered in the workshop
- A completion gathering for all mentors/mentees to: connect; attend; celebrate; maintain momentum; network; and share learnings.
Why is this project important for the community?
There’s a reliance on government agencies to solve problems faced by communities, but government agencies also express a need for communities to create solutions for themselves.
This program fosters community led outcomes providing IP, skills, training, professional development, encouragement, support – where it’s wanted and needed.
Participating organisations have the opportunity to work through ‘challenges’ during the workshop, and over a 10-month period with their selected mentor.
Important benefits for community:
- Fostering a culture of sharing local knowledge as opposed to bringing in experts from ‘out of town’, through accessing skills/expertise from mentors. Enabling real relationships to develop locally, increasing potential for sustainable support structures to develop
- Creating a ripple effect of positive impact via the success of organisations involved and community outcomes they deliver.
- Organisations involved providing leadership to other groups wanting to grow and expand, paying benefits forward.
- Instilling aspiration and setting a standard for emerging groups/NFPs through application process/selective criteria
- Providing inspiration/resources to assist others grow their impact by sharing stories/lessons learned.
Community project themes
Themes are broadly about creating positive change across a variety of challenges, while all will foster local community-led solutions and building resilience in communities.
If you are interested in bringing this program to your community, please contact us: