People from across seven Central Victorian Shires came together in Inglewood to expand the impact of their work, vision, projects and ideas on the themes of: Building Resilience and Caring for Climate.
Another positive step in Ramp Up Resilience
So much goodwill in the room, so many great projects and ideas!
There was plenty of knowledge shared. The best part was people willing to participate fully and learn how to grow their vision; build their team; involve many more people; explore new ways to get the resources they need; in order to take their work and vision to a new level.
The room was packed full of great people doing great things, working on solutions such as:
- workplace zero waste program;
- industry climate change event aiming to involve community;
- activities to empower youth, building optimism about the future;
- activating a composting scheme that connects rural farmers with urban residents;
- creating a ‘cooler’ main street to welcome incoming tourists and support local business in hotter seasons;
- transitioning an entire Shire to adopt renewable energy with solar farms and solar gardens;
…and many many more.
Thank you to all participants for their generous contribution, industrious efforts, and collaborative spirit!
Other ways to get involved!
Stay connected by being part of our online Facebook Group to help each other build thriving, connected, resilient communities! This has been set up to share ideas, knowledge, inspiration and support. Join here!
Come along to a day of round table discussion to fine tune your ideas and develop your projects responding to the impacts of climate change. Work alongside peers and mentors to ‘nut out’ project challenges.
THEME: Combatting Climate Change
VENUE: Raywood Hall,
50-52 Inglewood St, Raywood
DATE: Tuesday 17th Sept
TIME: 10:00am – 4:00pm
This initiative is part of the Ramp Up Resilience, being held in Campaspe, Loddon and Bendigo Shires from April to October 2019. A series of thoughtful programs about climate, how it impacts us and what we’ll do about it. Find out more: https://makeachange.org.au/ramp-up-resilience
Sign up to our e-news to stay in the loop, receive updates and direct event invitations!